(Created page with "'''Joburgpedia Writing Contest''' Joburgpedia Want to become part of a project that aims to increase Wikipedia coverage of iconic b...")
Revision as of 13:34, 18 July 2014
Joburgpedia Writing Contest
Want to become part of a project that aims to increase Wikipedia coverage of iconic buildings around Johannesburg with historic and heritage importance?
Then enter our Joburgpedia Writing Contest and you / your school can win a cash prize of R 5 000.00
This competition runs for a period of 2 months from June to July 2014, and is open to residents of Gauteng, as well as schools who wish to participate as a team.
Articles, judged on quality and completeness, should focus on a Johannesburg Heritage Site of choice and can be submitted in English or a local language of choice.
Articles must be submitted online via Wikipedia. Participants are required to open an account (create a username, which is free of charge) and write their articles online. To submit an entry, simply send your username to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can access your article.
Guidelines on writing your article can be found at Article Assessment
The quality of the article must conform to Class B and above with the following minimum requirements:
- - The article must be suitable referenced with inline citations where necessary
- - The article reasonably covers the topic and does not contain omissions or inaccuracies
- - The article has a defined structure
- - The article is reasonably well-written.
- - The article contains supporting materials where appropriate.
- - The article presents its content in an appropriately understandable way.
For more information, please contact Theresa Hume